Professional Skills Development
It is widely recognised that in order to be a successful leader of people, it is critical to have effective coaching skills. Not many have had any formal training on this important skill.
The remote working environment the energy industry has recently experienced has highlighted the need for leaders of people to be even more effective coaches as we go through this period of massive change. It has also highlighted the need for leaders to widen the scope of their coaching conversations from simple problem solving and goal clarity issues to wellbeing, resilience and confidence. Effective coaching can have a profound effect on motivation and performance, especially as we all navigate through many difficult situations.
Duration and Training Method
A virtual course divided into 2 three-hour sessions (equivalent to a one-day classroom course), which combines presentations, group discussion, and practical exercises.
Participants will learn to:
- Value the power of effective coaching and apply these skills in a remote environment
- Improve the quality of feedback given to colleagues, resulting in improved performance and motivation
- Be able to have "difficult conversations" with others that result in positive outcomes
- Establish methods of empowering other people and raise their accountability for their actions
- Optional personal coaching skill benchmarking (highly recommended)
- Coaching “diary” for one week
- Watch video on the GROW model and read article
- Coaching skill self-assessment
Session Content (2 x 3 hours)
- What are the goals of a Leader as Coach?
- What are the topics and opportunities for a coaching approach?
- What are the barriers to effective coaching, internal and external?
- The GROW model in action
- Asking rather than telling
- Practice our coaching and receive feedback
- Remote coaching conversations– overcoming obstacles and leveraging the opportunities
- Action Plan & Close
Who Should Attend and Prerequisites
This short course is designed for all current or emerging project leaders, supervisors, manager and team leaders who wish to improve and adapt their ability to engage with their peers and staff and encourage improved motivation, accountability and performance.
Andy is an extremely experienced and inspirational leader of people, business manager, trainer, facilitator and coach. He focuses his time on enabling individuals, teams and whole organisations to go beyond what they thought was possible and achieve even greater results. His clients include many global blue chip companies as well as smaller businesses in diverse industry sectors. He firmly believes that the measure of his effectiveness is based on the results his clients achieve. He works closely with his customers to understand their business, their concerns and their hopes and dreams. He then works with them to produce tailored training and development solutions that result in improved performances.
His key areas of expertise are:
• Sales Force Effectiveness strategies and training solutions
• Enabling managers of people to become great leaders, using the 8 Skill Coaching Model™
• Dynamic facilitator of Insights Discovery™ for increased personal and team effectiveness
• Helping create high performing teams
• Executive coaching
• Innovation & Creativity facilitation. He can enable you to create a creativity culture to solve current business issues and goals
Andy has extensive international experience and designed and delivered projects in Europe, USA, Canada, Middle East, Australia and China.
Andy has also successfully designed and delivered bespoke training programmes for both national and independent oil companies for RPS training. These include projects in the UK, USA and SE Asia which have all received outstanding feedback from the course participants.
D852: Boost Productivity and Motivation in a Remote Workplace
D853: Making Impactful Presentations Remotely
D854: Effective Coaching Skills for Leaders in a Remote Workplace
N813: Inspiring Leadership Skills
N815: Empowering Coaching Skills
N826: Effective Mentoring Skills
N835: Senior Leader Development Programme
N845: Creative Problem Solving for Technical Professionals
R001: Oil and Gas Essentials