The course considers the range of potential leakage mechanisms that need to be assessed. It will include a detailed consideration of the monitoring strategies available to assure the safety and integrity of the CO2 storage site.
The following courses are prerequisites for this course:
- Fundamentals of CCS (EC003)
- Geological Storage of CO2 (EC004)
- Behaviours of CO2 in Reservoirs (EC005)
Courses are accessed on the RPS Learning Hub, each course consists of a series of modules of up to 90 minutes learning time, including self-assessment elements. Learning materials are structured into short sections, each including interactive text and image content, animations, video and audio. An end of course quiz is scored to provide the learner with their learning progress.
- Understand the key issues relating to the monitoring of CO2 storage sites.
- Appreciate the causes of leakage and how they may be monitored.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment in CCS projects.
- CO2 risk of leakage from CCS sites and borehole issues.
- CO2 leakage associated with geomechanical issues.
- Monitoring and risk assessment of CCS projects.